Sunday, February 26, 2017

Why write?

... because, "What have I got to lose?" 

The title, Bitter, Party of 1, my story of being single and all that comes with it, has been a "joke" for quite some time and I just keep saying, "Nah, not now... maybe someday." 

You see, if I write, I have to tap into my own life, my emotions, my struggles, my triumphs, and share them with you. If I write, I can't pretend something didn't happen or that something didn't hurt. If I write, I can't hide behind the mask and the image that is safer for me. If I write, then I essentially invite you in to walk through life with me... I invite you to laugh with (at) me in the funny moments, celebrate the wins, and join me in the tough times. If I write, I open myself up to the judgement of others. If I write, I have to face my fears and open myself up to vulnerability.

The thing I have considered lately, in a time of healing and growth, is, "What if I don't write?"  If I don't write, then I don't get a chance to be real in the good and the bad with you, the readers. If I don't write, I continue hiding because I refuse to be vulnerable. If I don't write, I don't get to hear your stories in response. If I don't write, I continue to hide in fear and refuse to dare greatly. If I don't write, I don't follow what has been on my heart for years. If I don't write, I choose disobedience from what I feel God has placed on my heart for a reason.

So, I write because, "What have I got to lose?" 

This is a place to share the funny stories that come with being single, the hard times that seem to follow the funny ones, challenges along the way, the days that feel like wins, and so much more. This is a place where I invite you into my life, into the things I am learning along the way, and into this journey that I wouldn't trade. This is a place where I strive to "show up and be seen" (Thanks for that mantra, Brene Brown) so that you will be reminded that, no matter where you are on your journey, it is okay... better yet, it is more than okay, and you are not alone. My hope is that Bitter, Party of 1 is more than just a blog, but a place of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment